The DowntownABQ MainStreet Initiative is a 501 c 3 non-profit in search of a part-time Program Manager & Communications Coordinator with interest and experience in downtown advocacy & urban revitalization, and an understanding of urban issues and policy.
The candidate would be part of a small team and would:
- Support Executive Director with day-to-day needs
- Contribute to event ideation, planning, and execution
- Assist in grant writing, editing, and administration
- Craft press releases and distribute to local and regional media
- Serve as downtown “ambassador” and work with press on news stories
- Manage social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for up to 4 accounts
- Maintain community relations, including those with the City, local downtown businesses, media, and stakeholder groups
- Maintain one WordPress website
- Help maintain and manage software and email platform for the office
- Attend and take minutes as needed at monthly Board Meetings
- Be flexible, hardworking, and willing to take on additional tasks to keep the office running smoothly
The ideal candidate would:
- Be able to write clearly, concisely, and deftly
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook
- Be able to use software in a Mac-based environment and troubleshoot when needed
- Have familiarity with SurveyMonkey, WordPress, DropBox, Adobe Creative Suites, and MailChimp
- Be able to communicate clearly to a team
- Have excellent communication & organizational skills
- Take initiative and ownership over workload
- Remain positive, focused, and undeterred
Candidate must be a self-starter and work well under deadlines with limited oversight. Ideal candidate would also take initiative and ownership of projects and see them through to fruition.
This position may involve working with local elected officials and serving as an ambassador for downtown when approached by local media. This position may also entail occasional regional travel, so access to a car is preferred.
The candidate may also assist in management of up to (2) part-time interns and would work closely with Executive Director under guidance of the Board of Directors.
Compensation & Hours
Compensation negotiated upon hiring. Flexible work hours may also be negotiated, though anticipated hours should fall into the standard 9-5pm Monday – Friday workday. Vacation/PTO is offered commensurate with hours worked. Medical benefits are not provided at this time.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter via email with resume as an attachment to email@example.com no later than June 12th with “Program Manager Application” in the email subject line. Only qualified and serious candidates need apply. No phone calls, please.
Who We Are
The DowntownABQ MainStreet Initiative is a 501 (c) 3 whose mission is to foster downtown Albuquerque as a vibrant and attractive place to visit, work, shop, eat, walk, bicycle, and live. The purpose of the DowntownABQ MainStreet Initiative is to promote and support downtown’s economic, social and creative vitality including its image and appearance. We are part of the New Mexico Main Street program. You can learn more on our website and at nmmainstreet.org.